Extra-large Dubia Roaches are between 1 inch and 1-½ inches. Due to their generous proportions, they are most appropriate for large insectivores. These include tegu, small monitors, extra-large chameleons, tarantulas, bearded dragons, large fish, birds, and more.
- Roaches are between 1-inch and 1-½ inches
- Commonly fed to large insectivores
- Size ranges have price advantage over exact sizes
- Clean, quiet, odorless, and super-nutritious compared to other feeder insects
- Available in regular and organic
Consider Extra-large Dubia Roaches for animals that need sizeable feeders if they can safely consume roaches up to 1-½ inches. These roaches range from about 1-inch to our largest size, which is 1-½ inches. This means they also include 1-¼ inchers. Extra-large is our broadest size range, and it is for animals that need a large feeder insect.
Size ranges are an economical option for those with multiple animals of differing sizes or one animal that can eat several different size roaches. We also have other size ranges, including Extra-small, Small, Medium, and Large.
While size ranges tend to offer the most roaches per dollar, there is a trade-off. The size will vary more than roaches sold in an exact size. This variation isn’t a problem for medium to large insectivores that can safely handle big feeders. However, it depends on your circumstances. If you have multiple animals or one animal that can handle all the sizes in this range, Extra-large Dubia Roaches offer the best value. If not, choosing a single, discreet size is the better option.
For reference, 1-inch Dubia roaches are typically fed to medium to large bearded dragons, chameleons, tarantulas, and other similarly sized insectivores. 1-¼ and 1-½ inch Dubia roaches are most appropriate for tegu and small monitors, large bearded dragons, chameleons, tarantulas, and other animals that need a large insect. Animals should always manage their feeders safely, without undue struggle. If you’re unsure what size roach is right for your animal, you can always try a Dubia roach size sampler.
Item specific sizing notes
- We include a mix of sizes within the range for each order. We evenly space them in the range as much as possible. However, it depends on availability — especially with larger sizes that take a long time to grow and mature.
- Note that size on arrival will vary by hydration and feeding status. We ship all roaches fat and fully fed, but they may become dehydrated and hungry in transit.
- Hungry or dehydrated Dubia roaches are smaller and flatter than usual. Shipping is stressful for roaches. Feed them as soon as they arrive.
- Extra-large Dubia gain or lose more volume than other sizes when fed or hungry & thirsty, which allows you to adjust their size as needed.
- Consider placing the roaches in a dark, warm, quiet place when they arrive. Doing this will keep them healthy and plump and give them a chance to recover from shipping if needed.
General sizing notes & more information
For more information, see our guide about sizing Dubia roaches. It has advice about choosing the right size for your animal and details about how we measure our Dubia roaches.
Of course, these are the same Dubia as those available in exact sizes. As such, we have both standard and organic. Whether nutritionally or in care & keeping, Dubia roaches are superior feeders. If you’re unfamiliar with them and want to learn more, we have lots of guidance available, including information about the benefits and advantages of feeding Dubia roaches.