Extra-large Dubia Roaches range between 1-inch and 1-½ inches, which is our largest roach. Due to their generous size, they are most appropriate for large insectivores. These include tegu, small monitors, extra-large chameleons, tarantulas, and bearded dragons, and large fish, birds, and more. Size ranges tend to offer more roaches per dollar than Dubia sold in specific sizes.
- Roaches are between 1-inch and 1-½ inches
- Commonly fed to large insectivores
- Same quality as roaches in specific sizes
- Size ranges have price advantage over exact sizes
- Clean, quiet, odorless, and super-nutritious compared to other feeder insects
- Available in regular and organic
In-depth information about Extra-large Dubia Roaches
Consider Extra-large Dubia Roaches for animals that need sizeable feeders if they can safely consume roaches up to 1-½ inches. These Dubia range from about 1-inch to our largest size, which is 1-½ inches. This means they also include 1-¼ inchers. Extra-large is our broadest size range, and it really is for animals that want or need a large feeder insect!
Size ranges like Extra-large are an economical option for those with multiple animals of differing sizes, or one animal that can eat several different size roaches. We also have other size ranges, including Extra-small, Small, Medium, and Large.
While size ranges tend to offer the most roaches per dollar, there is a trade-off. This trade-off is that size varies more than roaches sold in exact sizes. This isn’t a problem for many medium to large insectivores that can safely handle big roaches. However, it depends on your circumstances. If you have multiple animals, or one animal that can handle all the sizes in this range, Extra-large Dubia Roaches offer the most roaches per dollar. If not, then an exact size is a better option.
For reference, 1-inch Dubia roaches are typically fed to medium to large bearded dragons, chameleons, tarantulas, and other similarly sized insectivores. 1-¼ and 1-½ inch Dubia roaches are most appropriate for tegu and small monitors, very large bearded dragons, chameleons, and tarantulas, and other animals that need a large insect. Animals should always manage their feeders safely, without undue struggle. If you’re unsure what size roach is right for your animal, you can always try a Dubia roach size sampler.
Item specific sizing notes
- We include a mix of sizes within the range for each order. These are as evenly spaced as possible. However, this depends on availability — especially with larger sizes that take a long time to produce.
- Note that size on arrival will vary by hydration and feeding status. We ship all roaches fat and fully fed, but they may become dehydrated and hungry in transit.
- Hungry or dehydrated Dubia roaches are smaller and flatter than usual. Shipping is stressful for roaches, feed them as soon as they arrive.
- Extra-large Dubia gain or lose more volume than other sizes when fed or hungry & thirsty, which allows you to adjust their size as needed.
- Consider placing the roaches in a dark, warm, quiet place when they arrive. This will keep them healthy and plump, or give them a chance to recover from shipping if needed.
General sizing notes & more information
For more information, see our guide about sizing Dubia roaches. It has advice about choosing the right size for your animal and details about our measuring approach and process.
Of course, these are the same Dubia as those available in exact sizes. As such, we have both standard and organic. Whether nutritionally or in care & keeping, Dubia roaches are superior feeders. If you’re unfamiliar with them and want to learn more, we have lots of guidance available, including information about the benefits and advantages of feeding Dubia roaches.