Extra-small Dubia Roaches range between Minis and ¼-inch. These sizes are often fed to hatchling insectivores, small reptiles, arachnids, amphibians, fish, birds, and more. Size ranges like Extra-small tend to offer more roaches per dollar than Dubia in specific lengths.
- Roaches are ¼-inch and under
- Commonly fed to hatchlings and other small insectivores
- Same quality as roaches in specific sizes
- Size ranges have price advantage over exact sizes
- Clean, quiet, odorless, and super-nutritious compared to other feeder insects
- Available in regular and organic
In-depth information about Extra-small Dubia Roaches
Our Extra-small Dubia roaches are ¼-inch and under. They include Minis, which are our smallest Dubia, and ¼-inchers, which are the next size up. These are often fed to hatchling and other small insectivores large enough to handle this mix of sizes.
And this is both the advantage and trade-off of size combinations like Extra-small. On one hand, they’re a little cheaper because they take us less time to process and ship than exact sizes. On the other hand, the size variability means they aren’t right for every situation. They work well for animals that can manage all the roaches in the size range, and for people with multiple animals to feed.
Whether or not a size range will work for you depends on your situation. If they will work for you, they tend to be the best value in terms of roaches per dollar. We also have other size ranges in addition to Extra-small. These include Small, Medium, Large, and Extra-large.
Minis and ¼-inchers are popular sizes. Mini Dubia roaches are often fed to hatchling chameleons, geckos, anoles, arachnids, and beardies. ¼-inch Dubia roaches are commonly fed to small bearded dragons, small chameleons, small tarantulas and arachnids, small pixie frogs, fish, birds, and other similarly sized animals. The size difference between Minis and ¼-inchers is subtle, but this small difference can be a big deal when you’re feeding tiny animals. If you’re unsure which size is right for you, you can always try several different sizes with a Dubia roach size sampler.
Item specific sizing notes
- We include roaches throughout the size range in each order.
- Roach size may vary according to hydration and feeding status. We ship all our roaches plump and fully fed, but they may become dehydrated and hungry in transit. Extra-smalls contain some of our smallest roaches. The smaller they are, the fewer nutritional reserves they have. And they’re also the most vulnerable to extreme temperatures and dehydration.
- When Dubia roaches become dehydrated, they look smaller and flatter than they are. Be sure to feed them when they arrive — especially if they look flat. You can also set them in a dark, warm, quiet spot to relax and recover from shipping.
General sizing notes & more information
For more information about our Dubia roach measuring process and approach, including advice about choosing the right size for your animals, see our guide about sizing Dubia roaches.
Of course, these are the same Dubia as those we sell in exact sizes, and they’re available in both standard and organic. Whether nutritionally or in their care & keeping, Dubia roaches are superior feeders. If you’re unfamiliar with them and want to learn more, we have lots of guidance available, including information about the benefits and advantages of feeding Dubia roaches.