Large Dubia Roaches range between ¾-inch and 1-inch. They are often fed to a range of common captive insectivores, including medium to large bearded dragons and chameleons, many geckos and tarantulas, and more. Size ranges tend to offer more roaches per dollar than Dubia sold in specific sizes.
- Roaches are between ¾-inch and 1-inch
- Commonly fed to medium and large insectivores
- Same quality as roaches in specific sizes
- Size ranges have price advantage over exact sizes
- Clean, quiet, odorless, and super-nutritious compared to other feeder insects
- Available in regular and organic
In-depth information about Large Dubia Roaches
Our Large Dubia Roaches range from ¾-inch to 1-inch in length, making them an excellent choice for many of the most widely kept exotic animals. ¾-inch Dubia roaches are often fed to medium to large bearded dragons, chameleons, many geckos and tarantulas, and more. 1-inch Dubia roaches are often fed to younger animals of a larger species, like small tegu and young monitors, and even many birds and fish! And of course, people feed them to large bearded dragons, chameleons, frogs, and arachnids.
In addition to Large, our grouped sizes include Extra-small, Small, Medium, and Extra-large. Because these are easier to package and ship than exact sizes, they are often the best value in roaches-per-dollar.
With grouped sizing (versus exact sizes), you want to make sure your animal(s) can manage all the roaches in the size range. In this case, the largest is 1-inch. Feeders that are too small can usually still be fed to animals, but ones that are too big often cannot. To avoid waste, make sure your animal(s) can safely eat 1-inchers.
Item specific sizing notes
- We ship all roaches fully fed. While large Dubia keep their full size longer than smaller ones, they will become dehydrated in time.
- Large Dubia Roaches tend to lose more size when dehydrated or hungry than smaller ones.
- When dehydrated or hungry, they are smaller and appear flat. It’s always a good idea to feed your Dubia when they arrive, especially after a long trip.
- Many people like to plump up their Dubia before feeding them off. To do this, offer moisture-rich food and place them in a warm, dark place for a day or so.
- You can adjust the size of your roaches to suit your animal. Large Dubia roaches gain (or lose) a tremendous amount of length and girth when fed (or hungry and thirsty).
General sizing notes & more information
For more information, see our guide about sizing Dubia roaches. It has advice about choosing the right size for your animal and details about our measuring approach and process.
Of course, these are the same Dubia as those available in exact sizes. As such, we have both standard and organic. Whether nutritionally or in care & keeping, Dubia roaches are superior feeders. If you’re unfamiliar with them and want to learn more, we have lots of guidance available, including information about the benefits and advantages of feeding Dubia roaches.