Medium Dubia Roaches range between ½-inch and ¾-inch. These are popular sizes because they’re fitting for many of the most commonly kept animals. These include small and medium chameleons, tarantulas, bearded dragons, frogs, fish, birds, and more. A size range like Medium tends to offer more roaches per dollar than Dubia roaches in exact lengths.
- Roaches are ½-inch to ¾-inch
- Commonly fed to small and medium insectivores
- Same quality as roaches in specific sizes
- Size ranges have price advantage over exact sizes
- Clean, quiet, odorless, and super-nutritious compared to other feeder insects
- Available in regular and organic
In-depth information about Medium Dubia Roaches
If your animal isn’t picky about size or you have several to feed, you might try our Medium Dubia Roaches. They vary between about ½-inch to ¾-inch and are right for animals that can handle roaches in this range.
Mediums include two of our most popular sizes. Many of the most commonly kept insectivores can eat them without trouble. People feed ½-inch Dubia roaches to small bearded dragons, chameleons, tarantulas, pixie frogs, and other similarly sized animals. ¾-inch Dubia roaches are often fed to medium-size insectivores, including medium to large chameleons, small to medium tarantulas and bearded dragons, and more.
Whether you prefer a size range like Medium or exact sizes depends on your circumstances. If your animal(s) can manage the largest of our Mediums, which is about ¾-inch, and it/they can do so without difficulty, then the smaller roaches won’t be a problem and you’re good to go. If your animal struggles with the larger size or isn’t interested in the smaller ones, then an exact size is a better choice.
You can save with our size ranges because it takes less time to process and ship them. The trade-off is that there is more size variation with a size range than exact sizes. If your animal can handle the mix of feeders in this range and you want the most economical option, these are a good choice. They tend to offer the most roaches per dollar.
Item specific sizing notes
- We ship our roaches fully fed. However, size on arrival can vary depending on hydration and feeding status.
- To prevent waste, make sure your animal can easily manage the largest size in the range. That’s ¾-inch in this case. Too small is usually OK because most animals will still eat them. You can also grow them out if you like. However, too big is usually not OK.
- When dehydrated, Dubia roaches are smaller and flatter than usual.
- It’s always a good idea to feed Dubia roaches when they arrive. Put them in a dark, warm place to de-stress unless you plan on feeding them off right away. Providing these conditions along with some food and water will help plump them up for feeding.
General sizing notes & more information
For more information about our Dubia roach measuring process and approach, including advice about choosing the right size for your animals, see our guide about sizing Dubia roaches.
Of course, these are the same Dubia as those we sell in exact sizes, and they’re available in both standard and organic. Whether nutritionally or in their care & keeping, Dubia roaches are superior feeders. If you’re unfamiliar with them and want to learn more, we have lots of guidance available, including information about the benefits and advantages of feeding Dubia roaches.