Mini Dubia roaches are ¼-inch and under. They are typically fed to hatchling insectivores like geckos, bearded dragons, chameleons, and very small animals like some anoles, geckos, chameleons, frogs, spiders, and more.
- Roaches are quarter-inch and under — our smallest size
- Commonly fed to hatchlings and other small insectivores
- Sorted and selected for size by hand
- Clean, quiet, odorless, and super-nutritious compared to other feeder insects
- Available in regular and organic
Mini Dubia roaches are tiny, but they pack a huge nutritional punch! Though small, these diminutive feeders contain big nutrition for your animal(s).
Minis are the youngest and smallest of our Dubia roach nymphs. They tend to be about a week old or less, and their size is approximately ⅛ to ¼-inch. Their nutrition is comparable to their older, larger peers. In fact, ounce for ounce, they may be even more nutritious.
This is because to double their size in the coming days and weeks, Minis have a paper-thin, flexible exoskeleton. Their outer shell contains chitin, which is fibrous and indigestible. The larger the insect, the thicker and more rigid this outer shell becomes. The younger the roach, the thinner the shell, and the more nutrition it provides, ounce for ounce.
Also, Dubia roaches are born with large nutrition reserves to carry them through any food scarcity they may encounter early in life. This survival strategy benefits the roaches, but it’s also a big plus for the young insectivores that eat them. They, too, are growing, and growing animals have higher nutritional needs.
Young animals also tend to have more tender digestive systems than older ones. Delicate digestive systems appreciate the easy digestibility of Mini Dubia roaches.
Minis are our smallest Dubia roaches, though the size difference between Minis and ¼-inchers can be subtle. We know size matters a lot when feeding small animals, so we hand-select our minis to get you the smallest roaches possible.
Item specific sizing notes
- Mini Dubia roaches generally range from ⅛ inch to ¼ inch. They grow very fast, so their size may vary.
- Minis are larger than small crickets in the pinhead to ⅛ inch range. By weight, the smallest among them are around half the size of our quarter-inch Dubia roaches.
- If you’re unsure what size roach is best for your animal(s), you can start with a small test order. Or you can try a Mini + quarter-inch Dubia roach size sampler.
- If you find that Minis are too big or too small, you can modify them. To increase (or decrease) their size by double (or half), offer them plenty of healthy foods (or withhold food and water) for a few days or a week. Heat speeds their growth, while cold delays it.
- We ship our Mini Dubia roaches fully fed, and they may shrink during shipping depending on transit time. When this happens, you can restore their full size by providing food when they arrive. We suggest apples, bananas, carrots, or similar moisture-rich fruits or vegetables for the quickest recovery. Smaller roaches dehydrate faster than larger ones.
- Because they’re so small, Minis will grow substantially over the course of a week or two if you provide proper conditions and plenty of food. If you don’t want them to grow, keep them between 60°F and 70°F, and provide moisture-rich, low-calorie foods sparingly.
General sizing notes & more information
For more information about our Dubia roach measuring process and approach, including advice about choosing the right size for your animal(s), see our guide about sizing Dubia roaches.
Dubia roaches are superior feeders — nutritionally and in their ease of care and keeping. If you’re unfamiliar with them and want to learn more, we have lots of guidance available, including information about the benefits and advantages of feeding Dubia roaches.
Quick shipping–these were mailed out the same day I ordered them and arrived two days later! They were all alive and tiny (as wanted). Cute little buggers! I only ordered 100 of them as a test, but I am very happy with them and am about to order a bunch more.
Healthy roaches and fast delivery. Great deal.
Fast shipping great service thanks
Everyone arrived alive and ready to be eaten by my young pacman. Def getting some more of these roaches soon.
Fast delivery, well priced, and not a single dead roach out of 200 minis, a huge variety pack, and 6 adult females! My young bearded dragon has already gobbled up 10 of these minis so I will definitely be ordering more from here in the future.
Fast delivery and nice overstock. My baby chameleon loves these! Highly recommended!